Guanlao wins Windsor Park tournament
Returning to the Windsor Park Golf Course where he won his first of two Municipal Grand Final championships in 1995 and 2007, Abe Guanlao won his third municipal tournament on Sunday, August 12. His previous municipal wins were in 2004 and 2011 at the Kildonan Park Golf Course.
One of the oldest local amateur golf tournaments, the City of Winnipeg Men’s Golf Championships are played over two days on three municipal golf courses; Windsor Park, Kildonan Park and the John Blumberg Golf Course.
Together with his two grand finals and three municipal trophies, Abe has had a number of top ten finishes since 1992. He started playing golf as a teenager, caddying at the Villamor Golf Course in the Philippines – formerly the Nichols Air Base Golf Course.
Abe is also the head of the organizing committee for the Philippine Open Championship. Although the Philippine Team unsuccessfully defended their 2011 Asia Cup Championship, last Sunday, August 26 at the Meadows Golf Course, it has still been one of Abe’s best years. He also finished tied for 13th place at the Manitoba Senior Championship.
More Articles ...
- Philippine Open Golf Championship 2012
- MABBA 2012 provincial championships
- Kimberly Ho: from fat to fab and beyond
- A. E. Wright Boys win NEIT
- Jonathan Quinit wins gold, aims for Olympics
- IKAW: Still going strong!
- Pacquiao wins disputed decision
- Watch Pacquiao/Marquez bout at IMAX
- Winnipeg teams do battle in FBA tournament