COVID-19 Bulletin #523 • October 25, 2021
Public health officials advise two new deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
- a male in his 70s from the Southern Health-Sante Sud health region (reported Saturday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Interlake-Eastern health region (reported Sunday) linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
Today's five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.9 per cent provincially and 1.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 464 new cases of the virus have been identified since Friday: 130 cases on Friday, Oct 22; 107 cases Saturday, Oct 23; 149 cases Sunday, Oct. 24; and 78 cases today. This includes:
- 17 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 81 cases in the Northern health region;
- 57 cases in the Prairie Mountain health region;
- 180 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 129 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
No cases have been removed due to data correction. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 62,907.
There were 78 new cases identified in Manitoba today. Of these, 59 are in individuals who were not fully vaccinated. This includes:
- two new cases with one not fully vaccinated in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 10 new cases with five not fully vaccinated in the Northern health region;
- 18 new cases with 14 not fully vaccinated in the Prairie Mountain health region;
- 36 new cases with 32 not fully vaccinated in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 12 new cases with seven not fully vaccinated in the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s data also shows:
- 1,071 active cases and 60,599 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 83 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 58 people with active COVID-19 as well as 25 people who are no longer infectious;
- a total of 20 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as four people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
- 2,130 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 1,073,161; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,237.
Three outbreaks have been declared at the following facilities, which have been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System:
- Lagimodiere campus of Springs Christian Academy, Winnipeg (Grades 1 to 6 have moved to remote learning);
- Benito Personal Care Home, Benito; and
- Light of the North Covenant Church, Thompson.
The outbreak at St. Augustine's Grade 6 class in Brandon has been declared over.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data is available at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, variants of concern, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.