Philippines back to stricter COVID-19 controls
“We’re back to zero...” – President Rodrigo Duterte, March 29, 2021
On Monday, March 29, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced that Metro Manila, Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna, and Cavite would be under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) again from March 29 to April 4. On Saturday, April 3, Palace spokesman Harry Roque announced that the ECQ will be extended until April 11. Other provinces are on varying levels of lockdown until April 30.
“We’re back to zero…” lamented Duterte during his national address, acknowledging the rapidly increasing cases of COVID-19 in the country.
More Articles ...
- Understanding COVID-19 vaccines
- Paul Ong’s virtual concert series raises thousands of dollars for charities
- COVID in the Filipino Community
- Pinays MB celebrates International Women’s Day
- Province considers relaxing pandemic restrictions
- Travel restrictions expanded
- Enough vaccine for all Canadians by end of September
- Manitoba’s vaccination plan
- Not the time to be flying
- Vaccine misinformation threatens public health efforts