|Feds fast-track immigration for typhoon victims|
OTTAWA – The Canadian federal government announced earlier this month that they will “fast-track” the immigration process for Filipinos who were significantly affected by Typhoon Ondoy.
Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney said in a statement that his department is now offering special measures to facilitate immigration to Canada.
“I would like to express my deepest sympathy and support for the people of the Philippines affected by this terrible disaster. This government is moving quickly to reunite Canadians and permanent residents with their families by extending a welcome to those who wish to come to Canada. Effective immediately immigration officials will begin expediting applications from individuals directly and significantly affected by the typhoon,” said Kenney.
More Articles ...
- Winnipeg aid to Philippines
- Ondoy Aftermath
- Lea Salonga performs two sold out shows in Winnipeg
- Two Filipino indie films play at Toronto festival
- NABA Champions - Winnipeg teams win at North American tournament
- Matriarch of Magdaragat celebrates 100th birthday
- Bike-B-Q Funride
- Filipino culture shines at Folklorama
- August: National Language Month
- Memorial Service for Corazon Aquino in Winnipeg