|Another typhoon threatens Philippines
Stagnant water causes disease outbreak
| PHILIPPINES – Typhoon Santi (international code name Mirinae) entered Philippine territory last Wednesday (October 28). The Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said Santi would cause rains during the All Saints’ weekend.
“Santi is expected to hit either Central or Southern Luzon with the storm likely to become a ‘super typhoon’ as it is now packing winds of 120 kph,” said PAGASA’s chief weather forecaster Nathaniel A. Cruz.
More Articles ...
- Commemorative tree planting at the PCCM
- Feds fast-track immigration for typhoon victims
- Winnipeg aid to Philippines
- Ondoy Aftermath
- Lea Salonga performs two sold out shows in Winnipeg
- Two Filipino indie films play at Toronto festival
- NABA Champions - Winnipeg teams win at North American tournament
- Matriarch of Magdaragat celebrates 100th birthday
- Bike-B-Q Funride
- Filipino culture shines at Folklorama