PHILIPPINES – With the official campaign period for the May 10 Philippine presidential election beginning on February 9, the race is currently split between nine candidates. One popular position, however, has united most of the presidential hopefuls. Most of candidates have vowed to have President Arroyo prosecuted for her alleged misdeeds – all except her party’s bet, Gilbert Teodoro Jr.
Each of the candidates promised to take legal action against the President during the ANC Youth 2010 presidential forum held at De La Salle University (DLSU) in Manila on January 30. They were responding to a question from forum moderator Ted Failon on whether prosecuting Mrs. Arroyo would be part of their agenda if elected.
More Articles ...
- Olympic spirit lights up Manitoba
- Mayon Volcano threatens to erupt
- Pinoy Pop Star 2010 - Live Auditions make it easier to join
- Filipino Lantern Festival
- Baclayon Church in Bohol
- Maguindanao Massacre
- Cabinet appointment sets precedent
- Human typhoon baffles Cotto
- Winnipeggers raise over $82,000 for typhoon victims