|Human typhoon baffles Cotto
Pacquiao wins seventh world title
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – Manny Pacquiao has done it again. The Pambansang Kamao (Nation’s Fist) has won the WBO welterweight title, making him the champion in an unprecedented seven different weight categories. He defeated Puerto Rican fighter Miguel Cotto by technical knockout in the 12th round of a hard-won bout on Saturday, November 14 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Freddy Roach, Pacquiao’s manager, predicted a knock out win for his fighter before the match while Pacquiao looked relaxed and confident, smiling as he made his way to the ring. In contrast, Cotto appeared very serious and nervous before the fight.
More Articles ...
- Winnipeggers raise over $82,000 for typhoon victims
- PARANGAL – a tribute to the Filipino community
- Another typhoon threatens Philippines
- Commemorative tree planting at the PCCM
- Feds fast-track immigration for typhoon victims
- Winnipeg aid to Philippines
- Ondoy Aftermath
- Lea Salonga performs two sold out shows in Winnipeg
- Two Filipino indie films play at Toronto festival
- NABA Champions - Winnipeg teams win at North American tournament