|Culture Minister Flor Marcelino
Cabinet appointment sets precedent
MANITOBA – In an unprecedented move on November 3, 2009, new Manitoba Premier Greg Selinger gave a vote of confidence to women leaders, making sure that they were well represented in his cabinet. The premier appointed eight women as cabinet ministers to help him govern the province. They make up 42% of his cabinet (8 women out of 19 ministers). Among the women was Flor Marcelino, the MLA from Wellington, who now holds the title of Minister of Culture, Heritage and Tourism and Minister responsible for multiculturalism.
More Articles ...
- Human typhoon baffles Cotto
- Winnipeggers raise over $82,000 for typhoon victims
- PARANGAL – a tribute to the Filipino community
- Another typhoon threatens Philippines
- Commemorative tree planting at the PCCM
- Feds fast-track immigration for typhoon victims
- Winnipeg aid to Philippines
- Ondoy Aftermath
- Lea Salonga performs two sold out shows in Winnipeg
- Two Filipino indie films play at Toronto festival