Opinions by Emmie Joaquin
|U of W launches unique human rights degree program
WINNIPEG – Former Governor General of Canada, Adrienne Clarkson, was in Winnipeg on Friday, May 14, to speak at the inauguration ceremony of a new degree program at the University of Winnipeg. The ceremony recognized the first 28 students to enrol in the Bachelor of Arts in Human Rights and Global Studies program, which according to the University of Winnipeg’s Global College, is unique in Western Canada.
“I think this is something very important for the place of Winnipeg as a centre for human rights,” said Clarkson.
More Articles ...
- The count continues
- Aquino landslide
- Charice launches debut CD on Oprah Show
- Philippine doc selected for BC film festival
- Pinoys vote on May 10
- 22 Canadians to observe Philippine election
- Django Bustamante to play in Winnipeg
- Charice soars higher
- Philippine Studies at U of W
- Pinoy Pop Star Grand Finals