Located at the corner of Ellice Avenue and Valour Road, the work by artist Charlie Johnston commemorates the bravery of Leo Clarke, Frederick William Hall and Robert Shankland who were awarded the Victoria Cross, the highest military award in the Commonwealth. Incredibly, all three men lived on Pine Street in the West End, which was later renamed Valour Road in their honour.
More Articles ...
- Celebrating our heritage
- Manitobans rally for local TV
- Sixty years of Canada-Philippines diplomatic relations
- Lawyer suspended, charged
- 50 years of Filipino immigration to Manitoba
- New forum for Canada-Philippines relations
- Miss Philippines Earth 2009
- CEC hosts gala fundraiser for ethno-cultural and aboriginal youth
- Manitoba monitoring swine influenza