CEBU CITY – More than 1,500 prisoners at the Cebu Detention and Rehabilitation Center reprised their signature Thriller dance tribute on Saturday June 27 in honour of pop star Michael Jackson, who died on June 25.
Dressed in orange prison uniforms, the inmates danced under a blazing sun in a massive display of precision choreography for an audience of about 500 local civilians and journalists. Prison Supervisor Byron Garcia organized the free performance when he heard the news of Jackson’s death.
More Articles ...
- Murals of Winnipeg link past and present
- Celebrating our heritage
- Manitobans rally for local TV
- Sixty years of Canada-Philippines diplomatic relations
- Lawyer suspended, charged
- 50 years of Filipino immigration to Manitoba
- New forum for Canada-Philippines relations
- Miss Philippines Earth 2009
- CEC hosts gala fundraiser for ethno-cultural and aboriginal youth