Philippines among “friendliest countries”
Asia’s leading beach destination
Less than an hour away from Manila by plane, Boracay Island, one of the top beaches in the Philippines, is a world-renowned travel destination known for its long stretch of powdery white sand, crystal clear and azure waters, and a stunning sunset. Story on p4. Photo by Rey-Ar Reyes
The Philippines was voted as one of the 10 friendliest countries in the world in the 2022 Condé Nast Traveler (CNT) Readers’ Choice Awards.
Ranked by almost a quarter of a million CNT readers, the country also secured back-to-back wins as the luxury travel magazine named Boracay as “top island” in Asia, and Palawan as the eighth.
“Just making it into the top 10, the Philippines’ (made up of around 7,641 islands) inclusion is proof that the famous Filipino hospitality is alive and kicking,” Conde Nast said on October 4 as the awards’ winners were released.
More Articles ...
- Canada drops COVID-19 border and travel restrictions
- Manitoba’s new Senator
- Alexandra “Alex” Eala
- Bivalent COVID-19 vaccine
- Manitoba to mark September 19 as day of mourning to honour Queen Elizabeth II
- Jesse James Baris wins Pinoy Pop Star
- Province advises more monkeypox vaccination
- Don’t miss the Pinoy Pop Star Grand Final!
- Van Gogh exhibit continues to amaze visitors
- Folklorama is back!