Martial arts athletes win big in Ireland
19 medals at World Karate Championships
Bottom row, l-r: Sheina Balaswit & Kyle Dalandan. Middle row, l-r: Jayzelle Policarpio, Lee Angela Igne, Lynn Igne, Mia Dalandan & Liane Dalandan. Top row, l-r: Sedrich Balaswit, Jeddriel Florendo, Mark Soriano, Amiel De Villa & Red Jr. Igne. Photo courtesy of Kelly Legaspi
Twelve martial arts athletes from the Winnipeg Sikaran Arnis Academy (WSAA) brought home seven gold, four silver, and eight bronze medals from the World Karate Championships held in Ireland from October 8 to 13, 2022.
These 12 young athletes of WSAA trained hard to become members of the Canadian National Martial Arts Team/Team Canada 2022.
More Articles ...
- Philippines among “friendliest countries”
- Canada drops COVID-19 border and travel restrictions
- Manitoba’s new Senator
- Alexandra “Alex” Eala
- Bivalent COVID-19 vaccine
- Manitoba to mark September 19 as day of mourning to honour Queen Elizabeth II
- Jesse James Baris wins Pinoy Pop Star
- Province advises more monkeypox vaccination
- Don’t miss the Pinoy Pop Star Grand Final!
- Van Gogh exhibit continues to amaze visitors