Alexandra “Alex” Eala
First Filipino Grand Slam singles junior champion
On September 10, Alex Eala made history in the US Open as she became the first Filipino to win the US Open junior girls’ singles crown. The 17-year old Eala defeated Czech Republic’s Lucie Havlickova in the finals of the tournament, 6-2, 6-4. The 2022 US Open girls’ singles competition was held in Flushing Meadows, New York.
Eala now has three junior Grand Slam titles, including doubles titles in the 2021 French Open with Russian Oksana Selekhmeteva and the 2020 Australian Open with Indonesian Priska Madelyn Nugroho.
More Articles ...
- Bivalent COVID-19 vaccine
- Manitoba to mark September 19 as day of mourning to honour Queen Elizabeth II
- Jesse James Baris wins Pinoy Pop Star
- Province advises more monkeypox vaccination
- Don’t miss the Pinoy Pop Star Grand Final!
- Van Gogh exhibit continues to amaze visitors
- Folklorama is back!
- Pinoy Pop Star Grand Final August 26
- A “new” era begins
- Marcos Jr. takes top office