COVID-19 Bulletin #556 • January 19, 2022
Based on provincial data, public health officials are highlighting the following trends for the week ending Jan. 13:
- People who are not fully vaccinated are three times as likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19, 11 times as likely to be admitted to an intensive care unit and 10 times as likely to die with COVID-19. Case and risk by vaccination status data is updated each Wednesday here: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/apps/manitoba-covid-19-cases-and-risk-by-vaccination-status/explore.
- Only symptomatic individuals or those advised by public health should visit a COVID-19 provincial testing site. Rapid antigen tests will continue to be used for the majority of people visiting a provincial testing site. Those who are at higher risk of severe illness as well as some groups who have tested positive on a rapid antigen test will still be eligible for PCR testing. Detailed information on updated COVID-19 testing eligibility can be found at:
Public health officials advise 15 new deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
More Articles ...
- K-12 students back to in-person learning
- Philippine elections 2022
- New restrictions, more testing
- Happy New Year 2022
- Maligayang Pasko! 2021
- IKEA Philippines is open
- Omicron variant of COVID-19 in Canada
- Unilever named among world’s biggest plastic polluters
- Get your booster shot
- Noralyn “Mama Nors” Pua