|Happy Birthday Canada!|
Have you ever wondered why in Canada we celebrate our nation’s birthday whereas in the United States and in the Philippines they celebrate their Independence Day? I believe that the answer can be found in the way that each country became an independent nation.
In Canada, we became an independent nation from our mother country of Britain through a simple Act of Parliament. It was a peaceful transition of power and no blood was shed. However, in the United States, the Americans fought a bloody war in order to obtain their independence from the British. As for the Philippines, well, let’s just say Filipinos have been fighting more than one master from the Spaniards to the Japanese to the Americans for almost 500 years.
More Articles ...
- An executor's duty: The legal vs. the personal
- Let your voice be heard
- The pitfalls of submitting a temporary resident visa application
- Is it the right time to buy a house?
- What’s in a name?
- The long and winding road towards a Committeeship Order
- "Why can’t I access my child’s insurance money?"
- Sabi nila
- A matter of confidence - the legality of politics
- Hiring a lawyer