Joint wills vs. mirror wills
One of the many questions I frequently receive from individuals calling my office is how much will it cost if I prepare a will for them and their spouse. After quoting my fee the next question I sometimes get is, “You mean my spouse and I have to make two separate wills?” Recently, I was also asked, “Why should we get charged twice when Mr. X said he’d make us joint wills for only $30?”
More Articles ...
- The Consequences of Misrepresentation
- Client confidentiality and privacy
- The art of sponsorship applications
- Buyer beware
- Happy Birthday Canada!
- An executor's duty: The legal vs. the personal
- Let your voice be heard
- The pitfalls of submitting a temporary resident visa application
- Is it the right time to buy a house?
- What’s in a name?