|Lawyers: fact and fiction|
L.A. Law, Ally McBeal, Boston Legal, The Firm, Runaway Jury, television shows, books and movies – our society is saturated with legal jargon, entertainment that features the law, articles and books all talking about various legal issues. As a result, many people have a preconceived notion about the law – a notion that is often wrong.
When people ask me what I do as a lawyer, I am often asked if I spend all my time arguing cases in front of a judge like the lawyers on Boston Legal. Or if they sue someone can they receive a large settlement just like the people did in a famous movie.
More Articles ...
- Joint wills vs. mirror wills
- The Consequences of Misrepresentation
- Client confidentiality and privacy
- The art of sponsorship applications
- Buyer beware
- Happy Birthday Canada!
- An executor's duty: The legal vs. the personal
- Let your voice be heard
- The pitfalls of submitting a temporary resident visa application
- Is it the right time to buy a house?