10 habits of highly successful people
by Yvanne Dandan
Welcome to another brand new month fellow dreamers!
I don’t know about you, but I am definitely in need of a motivation boost to ensure I’m still on track with my goals. In this article, I’d like to share with you 10 habits of highly successful people. Now, are these the only habits? Of course not. These are just a few of the top habits I have observed that my role models have and continue to work on for themselves. I’m happy to share them with all of you. Let’s get started!
Highly successful people:
- Know their priorities – They know that their time is limited and they know how to spend it well by focusing on the important things in life.
- Have a morning routine – A great day starts with a good morning. It is important to kick start the day on the right note to prepare for the day ahead.
- Make health & exercise a priority – Research says that a healthy lifestyle greatly contributes to improved productivity, motivation, and happiness. Highly successful people understand that they need to take care of their bodies, no matter how busy they are.
- Never stop learning – There’s always so much more to learn and, even if one is already successful, they still like to challenge themselves and stretch their mind.
- Practice consistency – It is not often that achievements arise out of pure luck. For the most part, the wins were a result of consistent efforts and hard work.
- Follow through – When they say they’re going to do something, they do it. They do not make up excuses or blame it on external factors. They own up to their ideas and see it through.
- Believe in themselves – “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.” Successful people know that they need to be their own cheerleader and work on their self-confidence to lift themselves up.
- Are not afraid to fail – They know that mistakes happen and that it is another opportunity to learn and grow stronger. I love this quote that says “While one is holding back because they feel inferior, another is making mistakes and becoming superior” (Henry C. Link)
- Have a support system – Whether it’s family, friends, a partner, etc., having a support system is vital to success. No one person can be successful on their own, and if so, it would not be as fulfilling and joyful.
- Are grateful – Successful people are aware of the blessings in their life. They know that there is beauty of all sorts and sizes that they can be thankful for and celebrate. Therefore, they feel successful on a regular basis and know not to be greedy and yearn for more and more.
These are just a handful of habits that I’ve noticed my role models practice on a regular basis. They inspire me to be better and do better. I am always amazed at how much we can learn from one another if we open our eyes.
From dreamer to dreamer, I hope that you feel a boost of motivation today to keep up the hustle. Work hard, be kind, and love more. Until next time!
Yvanne is a Program Manager with Career Trek Inc. She’s also an Independent Pop, R&B/Soul Singer-Songwriter.