WINNIPEG – The Philippine Canadian Centre of Manitoba (PCCM) is inviting potential candidates to apply for nomination to its board of directors, to be elected at the annual general meeting on December 18.
- be at least 21 years old as of December 15, 2011
- have ancestral origins in the Philippines
- be a resident of Manitoba for at least three years
- be a member of the PCCM in good standing as of December 15, 2011
- have no criminal record
- consent to a criminal record check if and when deemed necessary
- provide a passport-size photograph and detailed resume or curriculum vitae, as prescribed by the PCCM’s Nomination Committee and
- abide by the guiding principles of the selection process.
Application forms are currently available at the PCCM, 737 Keewatin Street (775-4928), La Merage Restaurant, 99 Isabel St. (943-7449), Weston Travel & Insurance Agencies, 1200-305 McPhillips St. (775-8385) and The UPS Store # 380, 210-1600 Kenaston Blvd. (487-7652).
For more information about nominations, call: Marianne Ferrer, 204-960-9676 or Tony and Letty Antonio, 204-294-3722.
The deadline for submitting nomination applications is 12 noon, Saturday December 10, 2011.
Annual General Meeting
The election of the PCCM board of directors will be held during the annual general meeting on Sunday, December 18, 2011, starting at 2:00 p.m. in the multipurpose room at 737 Keewatin St. The event is open to the general public but only members in good standing (i.e. membership paid up as of December 15, 2011) can vote. Each member is entitled to one vote and must show a membership receipt and identification. Affiliate organizations are allowed to cast three votes. Proxy voting is not allowed.
For more information about membership in the PCCM, contact Kelly Legaspi at 296-6394 or 415-0443.
The deadline for new memberships and membership renewals is 6:00 p.m., December 15, 2011 at the PCCM.