FMAACI holds Dancercise event
Alma Ganaden of the Movin’ Up Dancers and former representative of Dancing with the Stars - Canada leads the dance workshop
Participants in the Dancercise workshop
The Filipino Music and Arts Association of Canada Inc. or FMAACI held a 10-session dance workshop on August 31, 2022. The event was part of the Seven Oaks Healthy Living - Healthy Together Now (HTN) Program of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority with the support of Manitoba Health, Active Living, and Seniors.
Dancercise is a dance workshop with easy-to-follow dance steps and chair routines. Community members participated in the workshop at the Filipino Seniors Group Event Hall at 49 Euclid Avenue and was facilitated by Ms. Alma Ganaden, former representative of Dancing with the Stars - Canada, and head of the Movin’ Up Dancers.
A different workshop will also start this coming October under the same grant, which is a 10-session ukulele class for beginners. Interested individuals may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
FMAACI is a federally registered non-profit organization that aims to explore and develop unique and creative approaches in the preservation, promotion, and blending of Filipino music and arts in a multi-cultural Canadian environment. – Ernesto Ofiaza
More Articles ...
- Discovery Mixed Bowling League 2021-22 Season
- Caring for our Environment – Manitoba holds four events
- Jonhelyn Lantin called to the bar
- Nanay Clarita Nazario recognized for outstanding community service
- Paul Ong and family present cheque to CancerCare Manitoba
- ACC Events Spring Chess Tournament
- Manitoba welcomes MP Rechie Valdez
- Pinays Manitoba finalizes plans for recognition event
- Lucila Joaquin Gambalan
- New PCCM Officers and Board 2022