Filipino stores raided for
selling pirated DVDs
(Top, l-r): Bulacan Fashion, Universe Communications and Bon-Bon were among the six stores in Montreal and Toronto that recently surrendered hundreds of pirated DVDs of ABS-CBN content (Bottom l-r): Samples of the pirated DVDs that the stores were illegally selling in Canada.
Six stores in Toronto and Montreal surrendered over a thousand pirated DVDs of Filipino entertainment content on March 7 and 8, 2017. The police raid was the latest action in the worldwide efforts of media giant ABS-CBN to crack down on illegal sales of its TV shows and movies. Included in the enforcement actions were Bulacan Fashion, Bon-Bon, Wayne’s Collectibles, and Universe Communication Ltd. in the Toronto area, another store in Dragon Centre in Scarborough, plus a store located at 6057 Victoria Avenue in Montreal.
More Articles ...
- Coalition opposes changes to MPNP
- Celebrating Pinay pioneers
- MLA demands answers on MPNP delays
- Listen up, Bisdak!
- Pioneer Pinays honoured
- Pacquiao against anti-discrimination bill
- Running barefoot on Roxas Boulevard
- Kevin Chief appointed Vice President of the Business Council of Manitoba
- Trudeau in Winnipeg
- Pia crowns new Miss Universe