Group presses Canada for
mining justice in the Philippines
Subanen leader, Nenita Condez and Congressman Carlos Zarate during interview with Lito Taruc on CKJS Radio's Good Morning Philippines show, March 29, 2017. Photo by Diwa Marcelino
WINNIPEG – A delegation from the Philippines was in Winnipeg this past week (March 29 – 30) to raise awareness about Canadian mining and social justice in Mindanao. The two-day visit is part of a cross-Canada tour sponsored by KAIROS, a faith-based social justice organization of ten Canadian churches and religious organizations.
More Articles ...
- Filipino stores raided for selling pirated DVDs
- Coalition opposes changes to MPNP
- Celebrating Pinay pioneers
- MLA demands answers on MPNP delays
- Listen up, Bisdak!
- Pioneer Pinays honoured
- Pacquiao against anti-discrimination bill
- Running barefoot on Roxas Boulevard
- Kevin Chief appointed Vice President of the Business Council of Manitoba
- Trudeau in Winnipeg