Filipino-Canadians among recipients of
Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal
At the Manitoba Legislature on December 12, 2022, some of the recipients nominated by MLA Mintu Sandhu for their dedication to public service and community leadership. L-r: Nickholas Chubenko, Rodge Lopez, Ernesto Ofiaza Jr., Dr. Porfiria Pedrina, Mary Kuchenski, MLA for The Maples Mintu Sandhu, Navjeet Kambo, Leila Castro, and Pilipino Express editor-in-chief Emmie Joaquin.
This year, Queen Elizabeth II celebrated the 70th anniversary of her succession to the throne which began on February 6, 1952. Sadly, Queen Elizabeth II passed away on September 8, 2022, at the age of 96.
As a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the federal government of Canada has traditionally issued the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Medals to thousands of deserving Canadians from across the country, including the Silver, Golden and Diamond Jubilee Medals.
More Articles ...
- Paul Ong recognized as part of CBC Future 40 Awards
- PCCM welcomes Mayor Gillingham and elected city officials
- Jets & Filipino Heritage Night A double win!
- Outlook for Philippine tourism positive
- Anita Neville is Manitoba’s new Lieutenant-Governor
- Dial 584 for Manitoba
- Winnipeg Jets Filipino Heritage Night
- Scott Gillingham – Winnipeg’s new mayor
- Martial arts athletes win big in Ireland
- Philippines among “friendliest countries”