Paul Ong’s concert raises $46,564
for music education
Paul Ong and family present the $45,064 donation to Sistema Winnipeg. L-r: Ong family: Geraldine, Johhan, Alwin, Myrna, and Paul; Brent Johnson, WSO Associate Director, Education & Community; Sam Vickar and Odessa Rosati of Vickar Automotive Group, benefactor and the concert’s title sponsor. Another cheque of $1,500 donation was given to Ecolé Garden Grove School.
Paul Ong’s annual Concert for a Cause held at Calvary Temple on Saturday, April 29, 2023, not only raised $46,564 but also saw the community united through music.
As Paul Ong, accompanied by the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra (WSO), performed before the 1,500 strong audience, everyone knew it was time well spent because they were not only listening to Ong’s powerful and beautiful voice, but they were also helping Winnipeg’s youth.
WSO conductor Naomi Woo led the 70-piece Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra through impressive arrangements of classical, contemporary and even an OPM medley of Filipino composer Willy Cruz’s songs. Among the highlights of the show was when the Ecolé Garden Grove School choir, composed of 80 young singers, and Ong gave an inspiring rendition of Louis Armstrong’s song What a Wonderful World. Another special feature was when the Sistema Winnipeg choir and Ong sang Wavin’ Flag, a song by Somali Canadian artist K’naan.
More Articles ...
- ASEAN’s healthcare brain drain
- New funding for seniors housing programs
- Philippines faces shortage of nurses
- Philippines working to stop human trafficking
- Snow sculptor cheers up Winnipeg winter
- The Philippines’ new ambassador to Canada
- People Power Revolution commemorated under Marcos Jr.’s presidency
- Recruitment of Philippine nurses gains momentum
- MPNP nominations reach record high in 2022
- Philippines aids quake victims in Turkiye