Winnipeg Jets celebrate Lunar New Year
Paul Ong and Jaxon Lee sing O Canada
Winnipeg Jets fans enjoyed watching their team end a five- game losing streak with a 2-1 win against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Canada Life Centre on Saturday, February 10, 2024. It was also the first time the Jets celebrated the Lunar New Year with members of Winnipeg’s Chinese community and a sell-out crowd of 15,225.
Well known Winnipeg singer and Meadows West School Vice Principal Paul Ong sang the Canadian and American national anthems with the Manitoba Chinese Choir.
“The thrill was real when I stepped out to perform the anthem in front of a packed arena with 15,000 spectators,” said Ong. “There is something about singing your national anthem that makes you feel so much pride in being Canadian! I am deeply honoured to perform O Canada each time I am given the chance,” he added.
A lion dance was also a part of the celebration in the concourse of the arena.
More Articles ...
- Harmony in the Heart of Winnipeg
- MB facing highest out-migration rates
- Young’s Market – new branch now open
- Winnipeg celebrates 150 years
- Winnipeg Jets’ Filipino Heritage Night 2024
- 18 Filipino seafarers in Iranian custody
- Christmas hampers for newcomers
- Happy New Year 2024
- Philippines bags major tourism awards in Dubai
- Maligayang Pasko 2023