Flora of the Philippines – now at The Leaf
Flora of the Philippines is now on display in the Babs Asper Display House at The Leaf in the Assiniboine Park. This new display is inspired by the lush tropical forests that define the breathtaking landscapes of the Philippines. Flora of the Philippines will showcase two orchid trees, bamboo pillars a bromeliad tree, living arches covered in earthy moss, and more.
An interactive discovery table will introduce visitors to fruit and plant material that is grown in the Philippines including the banana leaf, coconuts (buko), jackfruit (langka) and mangosteen (mangostino). Plant materialssignificant to the Philippines are also be highlighted in the Hartley and Heather Richardson Tropical Biome and marked with labels bearing the national flag of the Philippines. Featured plants include breadfruit, crepe jasmine, and the banyan tree. On now until March 17.
Source: Assiniboine Park & Zoo FB page/assiniboinepark.ca
More Articles ...
- Winnipeg Jets celebrate Lunar New Year
- Harmony in the Heart of Winnipeg
- MB facing highest out-migration rates
- Young’s Market – new branch now open
- Winnipeg celebrates 150 years
- Winnipeg Jets’ Filipino Heritage Night 2024
- 18 Filipino seafarers in Iranian custody
- Christmas hampers for newcomers
- Happy New Year 2024
- Philippines bags major tourism awards in Dubai