Dr. Denise Koh recognized
most “Influential Filipina Woman in the World”
Dr. Denise Koh, founder of MedResRx, creator of the MedResRx Hypnotherapy App, will receive the prestigious “Most Influential Filipina Woman in the World” award from the Foundation for Filipina Women’s Network (FWN). She will receive her award at a Gala Dinner Ceremony at the Lobkowicz Palace, a 16th-century palace, one of the most significant cultural sites in the Czech Republic in the Prague Castle complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The 19th Filipina Leadership Global Summit is from October to November 2, 2023, at the Hyatt Andaz in Prague, Czech Republic.
The FWN recognizes women of Philippine ancestry who are changing the face of leadership in the global workplace. They have reached outstanding work in their respective fields and are acknowledged for their contributions to society, femtorship, and legacy.
Dr. Koh, Public Health and Occupational Medicine specialist, Assistant Professor (University of Manitoba), Hypnotherapist, Life Coach, Author, and Motivational Speaker was selected from an outstanding field of nominees from 10 countries this year for the Innovator and Thought-Leader Category. This award recognizes women who have broken new ground in the marketplace, have delivered new and unique applications of emerging technology transforming the way people think, in the fields of sports, literature, the arts and pop culture, or have improved the lives of others by helping develop a product or service in the fields of science, engineering, technology, or medicine. This award category is also for someone who have either launched a new enterprise learning function or completely overhauled an existing development or community initiative.
FWN launched the Most Influential Filipina Woman in the World Award (Global FWN100™) in 2006 in the United States and expanded its search globally in 2013.
Awardees have reached the pinnacle of their careers, breaking “glass ceilings” in the public and private sectors.
“Dr. Denise Koh is now a valued partner helping FWN increase the Filipina community’s pipeline of qualified leaders. Her involvement will increase the odds that some will rise to the “president” position in all sectors of the economy,” said Benel Se Liban, FWN vice president for membership. “The summit is where smart women share challenges and secrets to success. The 2007-2023 awardees’ leadership stories have become part of the largest recorded history of Filipina women in diaspora in modern times.”
“I’m incredibly honoured to be nominated for this award and thrilled that my work is being recognized. I’m so excited to connect with these dynamic women and collaborate on making an even bigger impact. Thank you FWN for bringing us together to uplift and support each other, our community and the next generation of Pinay leaders,” said Dr. Koh.
Some of the previous awardees:
- Hon. Rechie Valdez – Member of Parliament and Minister of Small Business, first Filipino woman elected MP and appointed to cabinet.
- Tani Gorre Cantil-Sakauye – former California Chief Justice.
- Cora Manase Tellez – first Filipino to become CEO of a Fortune100 company, HealthNet CEO and now Sterling CEO.
- Evelyn Dilsaver – Charles Schwab Investments CEO and now Commonwealth Club Board Chair.
- Minerva Tantoco – New York City’s first-ever Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Leni Robredo – former Vice President of the Philippines.
- Dr. Honey Lacuna-Pangan – first Filipina woman elected Mayor of Manila.
- Gwen Garcia – Cebu Governor and former Philippines House of Representatives Deputy Speaker.
- Astrid S. Tuminez – Utah Valley University President.
- Nora Terrado – Country Head of Legato Philippines and former Undersecretary of the Philippines Department of Trade.
- Teresita Batayola – Commissioner appointed to the White House Initiative on Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (WHIAANHPI), President and CEO Emerita, International Community Health Services.
- Dr. Eileen de Villa – Medical Officer of Health for the City of Toronto.
- Annaflor Feliprada-Patrizio – award-winning Ontario Pharmacist and Owner of Schomberg Village Pharmacy.
- Joycelyn David – Owner & CEO of leading multicultural marketing agency AV Communications, the only Filipina-owned firm of its kind in Canada.
- Cristeta Comerford – First woman White House Executive Chef.
- Jessica Cox – the world’s first licensed armless pilot and Taekwondo black belt.
Filipina Summit’s 2023 theme is “Intersectionality: Filipina Women Changemakers.”
About MedResRx and the MedResRx Hypnotherapy App
MedResRx reflects Dr. Koh’s extremely busy and successful therapy and coaching practice and operates the MedResRx Hypnotherapy App which delivers programs such as her signature Burnout Blaster Bootcamp, hypnotherapy and motivational recordings, and yoga series, anytime anywhere at a fraction of the price of her regular therapy. MedResRx also runs other initiatives such as her Canadian Physician trainee support network, group hypnotherapy sessions, Canadian Physician Suicide Log, writing and speaking projects.
Source: Dr. Denise Koh, phone: 431-275-0648
More Articles ...
- Musica Singers of Manitoba shines at WSO Community Celebration
- Philippine Fiesta for Smiles and Sight 2023
- “Accidental journalist” Teodoro Alcuitas co-edits Filipino Canadian anthology Magdaragat
- Four young Winnipeggers to compete in Canada Galaxy Pageants
- The Manitoba NDP will make life better for our communities
- Start your story at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School
- Mike Enriquez passes away at 71
- Fil-Can artist tapped to restore more images at St. Malo Shrine
- Ride for the Philippines
- 2023 USTAAM Scholarship Awards applications