How to Start a Co-op:
An Introductory Course for Farmers!
Are you interested in starting a co-operative?
Join Young Agrarians for their new online course, How to Start a Co-op: An Introductory Course for Farmers!
It can be both inspiring and terrifying to think about starting a co-op. For farmers and farm-adjacent businesses, co-ops have been a tried-and-tested solution for addressing market-based problems.
You will have a chance to learn about the diverse applications of the co-operative model, and practice applying the tools, resources, and knowledge that you can use to co-create your own thriving co-op. This program has been designed for people who want to explore what it means to co-create a farm or farm-adjacent co-operative. You do not need to have prior experience with co-ops nor be a farmer to participate in this program.
Developed by Emi Do, the Young Agrarians Co-op Coordinator, this course aims to help new and aspiring farmers and farm-allies understand the benefits, possibilities and realities of applying co-operative operating models to the farming world.
We hope you can join Young Agrarians for this exciting opportunity to dig into co-operative solutions!
When: January 23 - March 19, 2024
Learn more and register here: https://youngagrarians.org/courses/how-to-start-a-co-op/
More Articles ...
- Ma-Buhay! Meet the creator of the all-Filipino musical
- RWB School Professional Division Students perform for over 500 students in one school
- Giving is in your blood
- Building credit from the ground up
- Canadian universities foster sustainable collaboration with the Philippines
- Dr. Denise Koh most “Influential Filipina Woman in the World”
- Musica Singers of Manitoba shines at WSO Community Celebration
- Philippine Fiesta for Smiles and Sight 2023
- “Accidental journalist” Teodoro Alcuitas co-edits Filipino Canadian anthology Magdaragat
- Four young Winnipeggers to compete in Canada Galaxy Pageants