Musical revue raises funds for ANCOP
New Beginnings in a New World, a musical revue in support of the ANCOP charity, played to enthusiastic audiences on Saturday, October 22, and Sunday, October 23, at the Seven Oaks Performing Art Centre on Jefferson Avenue.
Written and directed by dentist and performer, Dr. Tricia Magsino Barnabé, New Beginnings in a New World, is a musical revue of favourite songs from stage and movie musicals and other well-loved songs framing three separate tales of immigrants who journey from their homes in the Philippines to Winnipeg, after the COVID-19 lockdowns are lifted.
Dr. Barnabé, lead the cast of 28 performers including her daughters Maya and Nina, Chantal Best, Kristian Cahatol, Apollo Miao, Ray Padua, Mervin and Scarlett Sison. The Leilani Aloha Dancers also made a special appearance with cameos from Dr. Phong Luong, Leah Magsino, Larry Vickar, and Chester Pangan and Donna Natividad-Arenas of CKJS Radio.
New Beginnings in a New World was the third instalment in a musical series for A Million Dreams non-profit productions. All proceeds of the show were directed towards ANCOP’s child sponsorships, community development and humanitarian relief programs, including a future dental and vision health mission in the Philippines.
The two shows were presented with the generous support of the Vickar Automotive Group and the Integral Dental Corporation.
More Articles ...
- Ger Salakot Restaurant grand reopening
- Pinays Manitoba holds AGM and elects new officers
- Winnipeg Kidney Walk raises funds for a good cause
- FMAACI holds Dancercise event
- Discovery Mixed Bowling League 2021-22 Season
- Caring for our Environment – Manitoba holds four events
- Jonhelyn Lantin called to the bar
- Nanay Clarita Nazario recognized for outstanding community service
- Paul Ong and family present cheque to CancerCare Manitoba
- ACC Events Spring Chess Tournament