September 19, 1927 – November 4, 2022
It is with deep sadness we announce the peaceful passing of our dear Nanay/Lola.
Angelina was predeceased by her husband, Manuel (Bertie) in March 1988. The eldest of seven siblings, she is survived by her younger brother, Benedicto Madlangsakay. She leaves to mourn her three children, Myrna Mendoza (Freddie), Marietta Cruz (Reynaldo) and Manuelito Joaquin. As well as her eight grandchildren and eight great grandchildren.
Angelina was born on September 19, 1927, in Malabon, Philippines. She had five brothers and one sister. In January 1946, she married Manuel (Bertie) Joaquin. They raised three kids. They immigrated to Canada in 1979 and spent their time between Winnipeg and the Philippines. After Bertie’s death in 1988, Winnipeg became her permanent home. Here she would have a hand in raising all eight of her grandchildren. She loved to garden, sew, travel and watch television. But her most favourite of all was to cook and spend time with her family.
She touched so many lives in her 95 years with us. Her loving and caring nature will always be remembered. She will be deeply missed, but we know how fortunate we are to have had all these years with her. We will honor her memory forever and cherish all of the times we have shared.
Rest now, our Queen. Thank you for everything. We love you so much.
CELEBRATION OF LIFE
Saturday, November 19, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
Mosaic Funeral, Cremation & Cemetery Services
1839 Inkster Boulevard, Winnipeg, MB
Wednesday, November 23, 2022, at 10:00 a.m.
St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church
748 Keewatin Street, Winnipeg, MB
Interment to follow after the Funeral Mass at Chapel Lawn Funeral Home & Cemetery
4000 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB
More Articles ...
- Musical revue raises funds for ANCOP
- Ger Salakot Restaurant grand reopening
- Pinays Manitoba holds AGM and elects new officers
- Winnipeg Kidney Walk raises funds for a good cause
- FMAACI holds Dancercise event
- Discovery Mixed Bowling League 2021-22 Season
- Caring for our Environment – Manitoba holds four events
- Jonhelyn Lantin called to the bar
- Nanay Clarita Nazario recognized for outstanding community service
- Paul Ong and family present cheque to CancerCare Manitoba